I cannot use the PDF Viewer on Firefox 91.5.0esr (64-bit). Instead, I get an incessant popup asking what to do with the file. I've tried: Selecting `Firefox` as the p… (read more)
I cannot use the PDF Viewer on Firefox 91.5.0esr (64-bit). Instead, I get an incessant popup asking what to do with the file. I've tried:
- Selecting `Firefox` as the program to open the PDF. A new tab opens along with the popup.
- Selecting `Firefox.exe`. Same deal
- Modifying Preferences -> Applications -> "Portable Desktop Format ... (app or binary)" to Firefox. It won't let me - I can choose anything else or any other program, but choosing "Firefox" won't stick
- Opening Firefox in "Troubleshoot Mode" (Help -> Troubleshoot Mode) then attempting all of the above. The setting still doesn't stick.
- Disabling Hardware Acceleration, as one person cited that.
Every other thread has either cited changing the setting for PDF's to "Open in Firefox" or various names. Fear not, I've tried that, and am still at an impass. Any help beyond that is appreciated :)