Hello FF team.
starting with FF update 56 to 57 and so on I got this strange problem: it looks like my key4.db file gets corrupted and FF become almost useless after I ac… (read more)
Hello FF team.
starting with FF update 56 to 57 and so on I got this strange problem: it looks like my key4.db file gets corrupted and FF become almost useless after I access my saved passwords and then exit the browser. If I delete the key4.db file (I still have the key3.db and logins.json files in profile folder) everything works fine. The key4.db file is generated, my passwords are there and I can use them till next browser exit/restart. Here are the symptoms:
- upon start the browser directly asks for master password (normally I'm asked for the master password only when I really need it)
- no browsing history is shown in the address bar
- enter key and 'Go to...' button do not work at all (I can only open a site if it is bookmarked)
- when I go to browser's options there is nothing under 'Search' section - in other words the content cannot be loaded or displayed
- when I open 'Saved Logins' dialog there is nothing
- there are no *corrupt files in my profile directory
So when this happens I have to exit the browser and delete the key4.db file. However if I don't access my saved logins during the session at all, there is no such problem. I can start/use/exit the browser as many times as I want and it works fine. So it looks like the access to the saved logins breaks something.