Hello, I have a problem with gifs and short videos on Firefox. Gifs on 9gag, or short animation on tumblr won't load, they appear as still images. If i try to open video … (read more)
Hello, I have a problem with gifs and short videos on Firefox. Gifs on 9gag, or short animation on tumblr won't load, they appear as still images. If i try to open video in seperate tab, it only shows controls but isn't loading. No crashes or error messages. Problem didn't occure after any specific update or event. The only thing I'v done was trying to install some burning CD software like ashampoo and alcohol 120% to burn gift for a friend, so this might be some malware related error cause license on Kaspersky is expired for over 3 months. Everything wokrs fine in Edge and Explorer. Steps i have taken so far:
- Tried to refresh pages without cache (shift+left mouse button)
- Refreshed Firefox
- Launched Firefox in safe mode
- Reinstalled Firefox, Java, FlashPlayer and graphical drivers from Nvidia with clean installation using RevoUninstaller
- Installed beta version of Firefox
- Installed grease monkey script from this topic: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1114110 and tried to add 9gag to it.
- Checked media.something keys in about:config from various sites and topics revolving around this issue (none were set as in said topics, everything was on default)
- Installed QuickTime and VLC for codecs
Despite everything, things like this: http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aMGWZKW_460svwm.webm won't ever work. Can someone please help me? I love using FF and as much as i like to try Edge, i don't want to leave my favourite adblocker and ghostery.