How to stop firefox from crashing on a nexus 7 using andriod version 4.3
My version of firefox has been crashing 10x's a day or more.
Sometimes, restarting, by itself, other times, asking for a restart, n other times, asking me to wait or press ok.
Why is it crashing on many different sites, from yahoo, to you name it.
I trust Firefox, but now not the reliability anymore. Are the newer versions compatible with avast? Either way it crashed, well b4 I added that too?
I not too crazy about the newest version of FF, since it includes automatic mic, cam, reading accts n on all the time, at start up n beyond.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; Nexus 7 Build/JWR66Y) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.111 Safari/537.36
Hi Sir Bry:
Firefox is not snooping on you. It asks you for those permissions because it now allows webapps to use those multimedia capabilities; installing firefox doesn't automatically turn on the microphone or any other feature. If you install Firefox, for those multimedia features like using the microphone, Firefox will still prompt you for permission to use the microphone for those few websites that use the microphone.
As always we strong recommend using the latest version of Firefox (for security and other reasons) which is currently Firefox for Android 26.0.1
What version of Nexus 7? 2012 or 2013?
On my Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 I have no problems with Firefox 26 crashing. It's fine with yahoo, cnn etc
Please let us know which model of Nexus 7 you are using and which sites are causing the crashes.
hi again sir bry
oh and i don't use avast on my nexus 7! what version of avast are you using on your nexus 7?
My avast ver. is: 3.0.6526
I always read the disclaimer prior to downloading the latest version. It states, "always on".
I found this to be true with skype's video chat camera. It came on all by itself.
Varying websites, far too many to list.
Yahoo email will freeze, while typing. Crash adding attachments to emails. But more often, it's jus other various sites
My Avast ver. is : 3.0.6526
I left this out.
I bought mines in Jan 2k13, I think my son said it's a 2k12.
If it has a camera on back then it is the 2013 model.
I have a screen side, front facing camera!
so it's a 2k12
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
I will do that.
Submitted Crash Reports
Report ID Date Submitted bp-590c3c28-9ad7-4d03-9759-c14cb2140203 02/03/14 02:24 bp-bbe61e4b-bd8f-46fa-9e1e-dd64b2140131 01/31/14 13:39 bp-a1af1e3e-922f-439c-a914-2b5402140129 01/29/14 01:16 bp-4df41f60-d183-4f7e-b321-3c4042140126 01/26/14 13:03 bp-2418958d-485e-4741-a2a2-ad6b72140124 01/24/14 14:22 bp-5b71a263-ec9e-4e70-88f8-17abd2140122 01/22/14
Hi Sir Bry:
1. You wrote: "I found this to be true with skype's video chat camera. It came on all by itself. "
Firefox is not Skype :-) ! We value privacy, it's part of the Mozilla mission as a non profit. The camera is not turned on by Firefox without your permission (from https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-firefox-android-use-permissions-it-requests ) : "Firefox never takes a picture or video unless you ask it to"
2. I have a Nexus 7 2012 with Android 4.3 and it doesn't crash with Firefox 26.0.1 when i send email from yahoo.com with attachments so my (hopefully informed by reason) :-) guess is that the issues you are experiencing are Avast related.
I humbly suggest for a brief test uninstalling avast and seeing if that stops the crashing. if it does please file a support report with avast at their website.
3. In the meantime, thanks for the crash reports Sir Bry! i or somebody else (you can go ahead and file a crash bug report with those crash ids if you know how and can't wait) will file a crash bug report using those crashids!