Homepage has been deleted. Will not reload and save. Help needed.
This is the second time this has happened!!! For whatever reason, Firefox has updated, rebooted itself while off line. When I attempt to log in, my original login homepage (My Yahoo) no longer auto boots in Firefox. I now login with the Firefox start page. When I attempt to change back to and reset my homepage to my original My Yahoo page, it will not set. When I close Firefox and restart, I once again get the Firefox start tab. I also can use a second browser, IE and that browser is working just fine. All of my bookmarks remain in tact on the Firefox home page. The only thing that seems to not be working is the auto load to my original homepage "My Yahoo". While I like the security offered by Firefox and regularly use it as my preferred browser, this is VERY frustrating and I would like to find a way to restore my homepage to My Yahoo.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer 188.8.131.52
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
hello, could you go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information, copy the contents of that page and paste them here into a reply on the forum? this might give us a clue what is going on...
You can check for problems with preferences.
Delete a possible user.js file and numbered prefs-##.js files and rename (or delete) the prefs.js file to reset all prefs to the default value including prefs set via user.js.