Firefox (and interent explorer) won't open at all despite functioning interent connection
I'm using a dell Inspiron with windows vista (home basic). I downloaded Skype and was promoted to install some emoticon thing with it and somehow it closed my browsers. When I went to open it again, I'm getting messages from Microsoft windows that says "Firefox has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I uninstalled Skype and the emoticons, restarted my laptop, and Firefox still won't open at all. Please help me! Thanks.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25
We can try this by starting Firefox in safe mode to see if the issue is because of some plugin/addin. Once Firefox works fine in the safe mode, you can then go ahead to find the offending plugin and uninstall it to ensure that you are able to use Firefox without any issues. Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to check if Firefox works fine in Safe Mode
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- On Windows you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by quitting Firefox and then going to your Terminal and running: firefox -safe-mode (you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
I did try to open it in safe mode but I get the same message about the program not being able to open.
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!