Firefox 25 downloads aspx files instead of serving up sites thru Google search
I used android 4.1.2 and just installed Firefox. when I attempt to connect to a website through a Google search link it downloads an aspx file which will not open. entering an address in the window works fine.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Tablet; rv:25.0) Gecko/25.0 Firefox/25.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache.
The Firefox cache temporarily stores images, scripts, and other parts of websites while you are browsing.
Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies, do the following:
- Tap the menu icon located at the top right corner. This is the icon with 3 bars. On older Android devices you'll have to press the hardware menu key and then tap More.
- Tap Settings.
- After that, you will be taken to the settings screen. In the settings screen, look under the section Privacy & Security and select Clear private data.
- You will then be taken to a list of what can be cleared. Select the following 2 for deletion:
- Cookies & active logins
- After those have been selected, tap the Clear data button to actually clear the cache and cookies.
Did this help you with your problems? Please let us know!
That won't help, Waka.
I would need to know what exact site is causing the issue to be sure. The likely cause of this is the site using an incorrect mime type such as a wap one when they actually serve html content.
it seems to be related to the txu.com site.
Site sends Firefox an invalid mime type "application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml".
If you want to work around this you can install the Phony extension and set it to Firefox Desktop before visiting the site.
There seem to be more servers doing this:
Modified by cor-el
[removed off topic question]
[ed] Please use a new forum post to discuss unrelated issues.
Modified by kbrosnan