Firefox will not open .aspx files. I can open them with IE. What's up?
I updated Java, uninstalled and then re-installed Firefox. It will not open .aspx files. Internet explorer opens them just fine. .pdf files open fine also. Don't know?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.04
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.18
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Hi calcloud, as a temporary workaround, if you know the best file extension, you could rename the file to add it.
First, make sure Windows is not concealing file extensions from you. This Microsoft support article shows how to check that setting: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/865219.
Use the icon on the right side of the download to "Open Containing Folder." The download should be highlighted. Right-click > Rename, and change or add the extension to the one associated with the file type.