When I triple click in mozilla firefox on any sentense or paragraph it only selects the individual word
This is what I am looking at in the about:config
What can I do to fix this????
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
I have never had a problem with triple clicking to highlight an entire paragraph until last week, I've had firefox on this laptop for over 2 years.....
I have no clue..............................
I guess I'll try that beta thing.. whats the deal with that thing?
Just to circle back to the question of plugins: what is active now? You can generate a list from the test page: http://dev.jeffersonscher.com/jstest.asp
You might also want to scan for malware/spyware. These three tools are highly regarded (and free):
- Malwarebytes Anti-malware : http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
- SUPERAntiSpyware : http://www.superantispyware.com/
- AdwCleaner : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ (ignore banner ads for other products)
I've had the same problem and solved the issue on my windows 7 machine by changing the mouse settings. Triple-Click worked on any other browser besides Firefox.
Solution: In the mouse settings I decreased the double-click speed. The double-click setting was set to very high/fast, and for some reason, firefox didn't recognize the third click anymore.
Hope this helps someone!
I will try that see what happens it still doesn't work...
But I will give that try..
Nunogomes, Thank you very much.
I had the same problem as Dan. Triple click works for me in every other browser and in all of the Office apps. Just not in FF. I tried all of the suggestions and nothing worked.
After setting the Double Click speed down a few notches, it now works properly.
I think this is a bug in FF that needs to be looked into.
Thank you! :-)