Why does your spell-check still suck so bad?
I accidentally typed "amd" instead of "and" and FF asked me if I meant to typed "aided". Really? Often times the word I'm looking for isn't even listed in the suggestions. And if it has a apostrophe forget it, FF has no clue about punctuation. Why? You'd think by now it'd be able to learn these things. Internet Explorer has no trouble. Can I import their dictionary somehow?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.24
- Version 126.96.36.19940
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- Google Update
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
We are constantly working on improving our Dictionary and spell-check. Try updating to Firefox 20 (there may be some newer words in the newer versions, plus you should stay up to date anyway). You can always submit feedback at https://input.mozilla.org/feedback or bugzilla.mozilla.org.
I do get 'and' as a suggestion if I type 'amd' (no difference between Firefox 3.6.x and Firefox 20 in this case).
Which spell check dictionary do you have?
You can see which dictionary is selected if you right-click in a text area and open the Languages submenu.
At least one dictionary should be installed and have a check mark to indicate that it is selected.
- Open the "Add Dictionaries" link to install a dictionary if you do not have one.
- Make sure that [X] "Check Spelling" in the right-click context menu is check-marked.