I haven't been able to finalize any recent upgrade.
I am currently using version 14.0.1 I haven't been able to finalize any recent upgrade. After I do the update and restart Firefox I get this message “Please make sure there are no other copies of Firefox running on your computer, and then restart Firefox to try again”. This keeps happening despite having closed Firefox.
I succeeded by using IE to do the upgrade. TKSRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Please also try updating using the full installer after exiting Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
I succeeded by using IE to do the upgrade. TKS