This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
why dont i have firefox 15 after it restarted?
I love using firefox for all my internet needs, it used to be reliable. now i just updated to 15 since i got an email telling me to, not it restarted many times and it still says it needs to restart to finish installing
All Replies (8)
Who sent an email telling you not to update to Firefox 15? That is very unusual (and sounds suspicious). You can get the latest whole installer for Firefox from here, and install it yourself. You might find that works better.
This sort of problem is often caused by security related software blocking Firefox, so that is the first thing to look at. Another potential problem is that it is not shutting down properly if so you may need too kill the Firefox process and try again.
- see Firefox won't start - find solutions
- How to fix the Update Failed error message when updating Firefox
Please post back with how you get on,and include the exact wording and preferably a screenshot of any error message.
It was an email from Firefox with a link to upload it. I installed it, nit it is a box with a floppy disk falling out, when I click for it, IT SAYS MUST restart to update, but no Matter how many times I do it doesn't fix anything
I do not understand this Firefox will not send you such an email. Can you
- Try the link fintarry posted, where you will be able to get a genuine copy of Firefox ?
- what happens when you do that, are you able to open the website and download Firefox ?
- note at this stage do not use any options to remove personal information from Firefox/Windows
- WHAT IS YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM PLEASE, e.g. Windows Vista on a Desktop computer
- send a copy of the email (maybe paste the text into your next messsage) but first remove any confidential information such as your actual email address.
- note if you are really stuck whilst signed in to the Firefox support forum you are able to send private messages, this does not disclose email addresses (although I do prefer to keep conversations on the public firefox forum) e.g.
( I am likely to add none confidential info from messages back into forum threads, unless you; the poster; specifically requests I do not)
- send details of the link you are being given
- maybe screenshots would help of the site that you link to
- see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
P.S added pre-existing privacy and security tag to this post,partly as a test.
Also noted in beta kitsune this edit input messes up formatting icons. (but does have add image now)
Modified by John99
I have unmarked https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/que.../937055#answer-367874 as a chosen solution as it was presumably marked in error.
Why would someone want you to send out a copy of Firefox to a linked address?
i keep searching the links but nothing can help me solve it. it says "Your computer must be restarted to complete a previous upgrade of firefox. Reboot Now?" every time i click yes, it restarts but doesnt change anything. i tried to uninstall it but its all the same
There probably is a standard way to cancel a failed/incomplete/pending installation in Windows 7. I wasn't able to find a definitive solution in a quick search. Some things that might help in rerunning the installer or uninstaller:
(1) Back up your bookmarks and other settings!
See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles -- you can copy your entire Firefox profile folder somewhere outside of the Mozilla folder. If you plan to use something like Revo uninstaller to root out parts of Firefox, make the backup to some other media that the uninstaller won't find.
(2) Clear the temp folder