ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

How to open firefox maximized?

  • 4 ردود
  • 8 have this problem
  • 1094 views
  • آخر ردّ كتبه lightfox

more options

Whenever i open firefox, it *always* makes itself windowed, but with the dimensions of my screen, meaning it's overlapping under windows' task bar, which is really annoying: I always have to manually maximize firefox after i started it.

  • If i right click on firefox's icon and go to properties > Shortcut > Run and set to "Maximized", nothing is changed.
  • When I maximize firefox manually, close it, and reopen it, i see briefly firefox maximized, then it quickly changes to windowed mode again.
  • I checked in the options and failed to see anything that could help.
  • Out of despair, i even tried to blindly search in the variables available in about:config, without luck.
  • I tried this on 2 different systems, both with windows 7 x64 installed and 8GB of RAM, without luck.

My system:

OS: windows 7 home premium x64 RAM: 8GB CPU: i7-920

الحل المُختار

Hey again, that other solution didn't work (be it manually or via safe-mode), but in finally managed to find where the problem came from: the addon "DeveloperCompanion 1.0b1rc41" , which i've been using to debug Zend based websites. When i disabled it, the problem was gone!

Thanks for the help!

Read this answer in context 👍 2

All Replies (4)

more options

Right-click the Firefox desktop icon and select Properties then Shortcut tab then in Run session scroll and select Maximized.


thank you

Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.

more options

As explained in the question, I already tried that, and it did not work.

more options

Corrupt localstore.rdf


sorry and thanks again

more options

الحل المُختار

Hey again, that other solution didn't work (be it manually or via safe-mode), but in finally managed to find where the problem came from: the addon "DeveloperCompanion 1.0b1rc41" , which i've been using to debug Zend based websites. When i disabled it, the problem was gone!

Thanks for the help!

Modified by lightfox