ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Firefox 9.01 update creates problems with my Joomla websites.

  • 2 (ردّان اثنان)
  • 5 have this problem
  • 102 views
  • آخر ردّ كتبه TWSF

more options

I have a small company hosting Joomla websites and i deliver Website Services. In this case i was working on updating all my websites (60!) and suddenly i couldn't update the component settings (AceSEF component).

As this problem occured with one of my older websites i thought it must be something in Joomla. After 3 hours i just checked it with Explorer and the error didn't occure. After that i checked the firefox version (9.01). I started another pc with firefox 8.x, checked it and Joomla and AceSEF worked corrrect. I checked the version and it was downloading the update to 9.01. After update to 9.01 i checked again and the error occured on at least 5 sites. It must be something within Firefox 9.01.

If you can tell me how i can rollback the update (from 9.01 to version 8) i can check it again (... and i can go on with my work :-)).

الحل المُختار

Hi Klaus,

I also posted my incident to the manufacturer of AceSEF en they informed me that i had to activate a little plugin called MooTools1.2Upgrade. That solved the problem within 9.01. After your answer i immediatly downloaded 10.x beta and it performed much better.

So in short... 9.01 wasn't the perfect version for me ;-). It's good that there is Chrome (and even Explorer) because i don't like instable and unreliable firefox versions.

Thanks for sharing your findings with me! cu!

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (2)

more options

I have the same problem, but the problem does not occur on all my windows machines. On two machines with Windows 7 64 Bit, the problem is only on one machine, although both have firefox 9.01 installed. With the latest 10.x beta, the problem does not occur. With older firefox versions, I never saw this problem.

more options

الحل المُختار

Hi Klaus,

I also posted my incident to the manufacturer of AceSEF en they informed me that i had to activate a little plugin called MooTools1.2Upgrade. That solved the problem within 9.01. After your answer i immediatly downloaded 10.x beta and it performed much better.

So in short... 9.01 wasn't the perfect version for me ;-). It's good that there is Chrome (and even Explorer) because i don't like instable and unreliable firefox versions.

Thanks for sharing your findings with me! cu!