This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I've downloaded the latest version (3 times) how do I turn it on?
My old version of firefox suggrested I get the new (version 9) update. I did. It downloaded fine but it's vanished into the hard drive and I'm still on the old version. How do I get to actually use the new version?
All Replies (2)
see also Firefox 9.0 system Requirements
and Updating Firefox
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.
Modified by ideato
You may need to reset your User Agent; it could have been altered/frozen by some other software that you installed.
- See --> https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/websites%20or%20add-ons%20incorrectly%20report%20incompatible%20browser#w_reset-your-user-agent
- See --> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Resetting_your_useragent_string_to_its_compiled-in_default
- See --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Agent
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox