This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox 9/Menubar/Bookmarks: Bookmarks lost their icons
iMac. Firefox 9. I just uploaded from 8.01 to 9. In my Bookmarks/submaps the urls had in version 8.01, icons. Now in 9 the icons in the urls have gone. Restart Firefox, nor restart computer solved the problem.. Who knows the solution. In advance my great thanks!
@Verdi... You're a genius! I don't know how you knew what to do, but IT WORKED!! My icons are back. Thanks!Read this answer in context 👍 2
All Replies (6)
It only affects the bookmarks menu, not the bookmarks button or toolbar.
You can fix it for now with these steps:
- Type about:config in the location bar
- Click "I'll be careful, I promise"
- Type image.mem.decodeondraw in the filter bar
- Double click the entry that comes up to change it's value to False.
@Verdi! I'm very grateful!!!!As always the problem is how to make the search-words. Apparantly Mozilla knew this problem! Thank you again!
@Verdi... You're a genius! I don't know how you knew what to do, but IT WORKED!! My icons are back. Thanks!
Thank you very much!
It was already on false....??
Try to restore favicons with this extension:
Try some maintenance on the places.sqlite database file:
- Places Maintenance: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/