This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Where is "organize bookmarks" now?
You just made it impossible to remove unwanted sites from "bookmark"- i.e., the "organize bookmarks" item is now gone. Why? More important, how do I delete bookmarked items I no longer want?
All Replies (2)
Organize Bookmarks was renamed to Show All Bookmarks in Firefox 4.
"Organize Bookmarks" was changed to "Show All Bookmarks" and they weren't happy with that so they were going to change it but I haven't seen anything more on that, probably won't get changed for some time because they really messed people up -- the ones that have no idea of where to ask for help. You can use the same methods that you used before, perhaps even improve them from the following two articles;
- Sorting and rearranging bookmarks - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
- Viewing the browsing history - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Selecting, searching, and deleting is best described in the History article, and the Bookmarks article refers to those sections on the History article -- perhaps redundancy would have been better.
You have several choices for bringing up the Bookmarks Library Listing (directons on Windows)
- "Ctrl+Shift+B" using the keyboard shortcut
- "Firefox" button > Bookmarks (2nd column) > Show All bookmarks
- Bookmarks ("Alt+B") > Show All Bookmarks
- "Alt" > Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks
- Keyboard shortcuts | How to | Firefox Help
- Firefox and other Browser Keyboard Shortcuts (Comparison Table)
You can make Firefox 8.0 look like Firefox 3.6.*, see numbered items 1-10 in the following topic Fix Firefox 4.0 toolbar user interface, problems (Make Firefox 4.0 thru 8.0 and up, look like 3.6). Whether or not you make changes, you should be aware of what has changed and what you have to do to use changed or missing features.
There is a lot more beyond those first 10 steps listed, if you want to make Firefox more functional.
Please mark "Solved" one answer that will best help others with a similar problem -- hope this was it.