Does Password Manager and Master Password not work in Windows 7? My office computer runs on XP and n0 problem, home system Windows 7 and cannot get these features to work.
I set up a Master Password on both systems, one home, one office. When I first open up FF Version 6.0 at office, I am asked the Master Password the first time I must sign into something. This is on XP. With Windows 7 at home, this does not happen. And neither am I asked by Password Manager if I want to save for that particular site. It appears to be a W7 versus Vista issue.
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r28
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/188.8.131.52
Are you really still using that old Firefox 184.108.40.206 version that shows in the user agent in your More system details list?
Make sure that you do not run Firefox 6 in permanent Private Browsing mode.
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History and Cookie settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Permanent Private Browsing mode"