Firefox will not close completely
ever since firefox upgraded to version 5 and now to version 6 I have an issue with the "firefox is already running, but is not responding. To Open a new window, you must first close the existing firefox process, or restart your system."
I have became a master at the ctrl-alt-delete and ending the firefox process, but I have to say that this is becoming very annoying and frustrating (specially when I need to check something quickly on my computer).
I've been an avid user for years. I just looked at Google Chrome and was disappointed with that program because it does not have the features that I have relied on for so long with Firefox.
I've been through the firefox help. I was unable to find the parent.lock file in my profile. I tried deleting my profile and recreating the profile. I have deleted the entire program twice now and reinstalled and basically I am left with the same issue.
I must say the definition of insanity is starting to show. Any additional help / correction would be beneficial. If I need to send you my computer diagnostics I can send via hijack this or any other program you need.
I want to get this resolved so that I can continue using firefox and enjoy using the program.
sincerely Daniel Schwerin, MD
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
after version 5 / 6
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_05 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Winamp Application Detector
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
IT has happened to me a few times as well. Please, if possible, try uninstalling and do a clean install of firefox. (if you want to save your bookmarks etc use MozBackup: a free utility that lets you back everything up). Something else in your system conflicts with firefox. Also make sure you have all the latest plug-ins. You can check here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/. Lastly, check to see whether your antivirus/firewall software suite is blocking firefox.