What is the support model of Firefox? In other words, what are the criteria for Mozilla to end support of a version of Firefox?
The developers at my company need to know the frequency in which Mozilla stops supporting a browser version. What does ending support mean to Mozilla? Does Mozilla end support of a browser after a new full version is release?
Is there a Web page that shows browser versions that are supported and no longer supported?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- Default Plug-in
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
Support = maintained and updated for security, stability and other issues. Not supported means the opposite.
Currently supported versions Firefox 3.6.19 (support to end soon) and Firefox 5.0.1
Under the current "rapid release" program, new versions will be released more frequently (about every 6 week) and the prior version will then no longer be supported.
List of Mozilla product releases and release dates for 2011: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases (link to prior year releases at the bottom of that page)
You are using Firefox 3.5.2, an unsupported version that was superceded by Firefox 3.5.3 which was released 2009-09-09
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
The system used to post your question.....
You need to update some plug-ins:
- Plug-in check: https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox
Is there a link to an official Mozilla page with this information? My management team would like ongoing confirmation of the support model.
Thanks for your previous answer!
Unpaid volunteers only here.
This link explains the basics of the rapid release process. Read especially the section at the very end "End-of-Life": https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease This information may not be current as it is a roadmap designed during the development of Firefox 5.0.
That is all of the information that I have available. Perhaps another volunteer here will come along with what you are requesting.