This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I have installed updated to latest version but, upon opening get warning that I need to update to latest version
"Install Upgraded Version" instructed me to install latest updated version, Firefox 4.01. I did so, but each time I open Firefox, I get a warning that I am not protected and need to upgrade.
All Replies (1)
It looks that the update wasn't successful because your "More system details" list still shows a Firefox 3.5.7 version.
If there are problems with updating then best is to download the full version and uninstall the currently installed version.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 4.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version.
- Do not remove personal data when you uninstall the current version.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.