I can't access www.mail.com through your browser on my HTC Inspire? Why is that?
I just purchased a new HTC Inspire phone and I can't access my e-mail through your site. Please tell me what to do. Thanks.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:2.1.1) Gecko/ Firefox/4.0.2pre Fennec/4.0.1
What problem are you having exactly? I have the same phone and I can access their website. I don't have an account so I didn't try to send or receive mail. Incidentally, it doesn't look like their site is designed for mobile devices.
I cant access mail.com either, with firefox 1o, even in safe mode with all add-ons disabled, and no security restrictions. Opens in Opera just fine.
@disasterman, when you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
1. Clear Firefox's Cache
orange Firefox button or Tools menu > Options > Advanced
On the Network mini-tab > Offline Storage : "Clear Now"
2. If needed, delete the site's cookies here
While viewing a page on the site, right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?
This thread is about Firefox on the mobile platform (Android).
It doesn't sound to me that you are on that same platform.
Please start a new thread for your problem or question and provide troubleshooting information like your operating system and installed extensions and installed plugins.
(unlocking for now)
Modified by cor-el
Thank you, yes I will open a new thread. I used this one because it is the only one that came up on the search specific to the site "mail.com". I have Firefox10, windows7 Professional, have tried disabling all add-ons and using safe mode, as well as all procedures here, including the configuration settings:
What is strange is that it is doing the same thing on IE9. It is probably not a Mozilla problem, I was just hoping someone knew what the problem is with that particular site.
I thank you for your assistance.
Can you access the site via Google Translate with a random source language?
Wow, that was instantaneous. YES!!!! What enabled that to work?!
However, once the site comes up, login never completes.....
Yes, that is only for viewing purposes and to check things out if there are problems.
So it sounds that something on your computer is blocking access to that site.
Can you ping the site or do a tracert succesfully?
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked