This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox hides URLs now until page is opened
the new firefox hides the URL you're linking to now preventing you from stopping random redirects before they start! I can't fins any information on this topic and how to regain control of my PC. the old firefox never did this!
this leads to another problem, those redirects that one doesn't want to visit iusually have that annoying "trap door" pop-up that you have to shut your computer down to get rid of!
how do i stop these 2 unbelievably maddening hijacks of control of my PC?
All Replies (1)
I am not sure I have seen much change, other than the web console.
Firefox 4RC1 displays the URL of a link in the bottom where the status bar would have been, and it will warn of redirects when I use Options ->Advanced | General - accessibility  Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page
- see Advanced panel - Accessibility, browsing, network, updates, and other advanced settings in Firefox
I have firebug installed; but have you seen the new web console, included in firefox 4
- Tools -> Web Console Net v
- that lists what is happening if you want to track any redirects
- not sure if there is a KB article on the web console yet. I read about it before I tried it but I can not remember where.
- menu reference is not updated yet to mention the web console
Modified by John99