This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
places.sqlite damaged and my history,bookmarks,passwords lost ..Is there a way to recover or repair it .. To recover my history again?
Please help me!!
My History , Bookmarks, Passwords to sites all lost when my pc have viruses i did scan and delete all viruses .but when i open Firefox again all my HISTORY lost .. I thought that places.sqlite (50 mb) deleted but it still exists and i think its damaged , i tried to open with notepad or wordpad i found my old sites and history but it doesn't appear in Mozilla when i open it , its appear recent sites i have visited ONLY. tried also to move it somewhere and do overwrite on new one Firefox created but no change.
Is there a way to repair , fix or recover places.sqlite and back to normal again in mozilla? PLS HELP
Sorry for my ENG
All Replies (1)
I meeting this problem too, but you can to save all possible data from corrupted places.sqlite. Here is the solution I came to (step-by-step):
1. Download sqlite3.exe executable from "http://www.sqlite.org/download.html".
2. Create "SQlite" folder in your FireFox profile.
3. Unpack sqlite3.exe to "SQlite" folder.
4. Create three batch files in "SQlite" folder:
sqlite3 ..\places.sqlite "PRAGMA integrity_check;"
sqlite3 ..\places.sqlite.corrupt .dump > places.bak
sqlite3 ..\places.sqlite < places.bak
5. Give name "places.sqlite.corrupt" to your "places.sqlite" file. It can be already renamed by FireFox.
6. Delete "places.sqlite", "places.sqlite-shm", "places.sqlite-wal" files (all "places.sqlite*" except "places.sqlite.corrupt").
7. Run FireFox, it will create empty "places.sqlite", and close FireFox.
8. Run "2. sqlite-dump.cmd", it will save all possible data from "places.sqlite.corrupt" to "SQlite\places.bak".
9. Run "3. sqlite-dump.cmd", it will recover all saved data from "SQlite\places.bak" to an empty "places.sqlite".
10. Run "1. sqlite-check.cmd" it will check integrity of the "places.sqlite" and must write "OK".
11. Run FireFox. If all fine, files "SQlite\places.bak" and "places.sqlite.corrupt" can be deleted.
Modified by Instructor