This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
All images on the getpersonas.com page have disappeared
As of yesterday, when I visit the getpersonas.com website, all of the images have disappeared. Preview images, menu that is normally at the top of persona website (it has the links to the gallery, getting started, faq, create your own, search box) - all of that is gone, not even the color of the menu appears. When I rollover where the preview images should be, the "wear it/details" box appears, and the persona does preview in the browser window at the top, but none of images appear on the page otherwise. Here is a screenshot of what the page looks like http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c37.../personascreenshot.jpg As far as I'm aware, no other websites are being affected. The Personas themselves work properly once I've chosen one, as you can see in the screenshot. I just don't get any images at all on the getpersonas website, which is really a pain, because I have to rollover each one and let it to the "rollover preview" in order to see if what it even looks like.
All Replies (6)
Previewing a persona only works on sites that are whitelisted via an allow exception.
You can see the permissions for the domain in the current tab in:
- Tools > Page Info > Permissions > [X] Install Extensions or Themes
- Tools > Options > Security : "Warn me when sites try to install add-ons": Exceptions
Make sure that you do not use Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox to clear the 'Site Preferences'.
Thanks for the reply. I included everything I've already done in my original question but for some reason, it didn't appear. I've already done everything you just suggested just now, plus everything else I can find on support. Nothing worked. Any other ideas?
Sorry, I had forgotten to check your screenshot.
- You can see the permissions for the domain in the current tab in Tools > Page Info > Permissions
- You can see all exceptions in Tools > Options > Content: Load Images > Exceptions
You can use these steps to check if images are blocked:
- Open the web page that has the images missing in a browser tab.
- Click the favicon (How do I tell if my connection to a website is secure?) on the left end of the location bar.
- Click the "More Information" button to open the "Page Info" window with the Security tab selected (also accessible via "Tools > Page Info").
- Go to the Media tab of the "Tools > Page Info" window.
- Select the first image link and scroll down through the list with the Down arrow key.
- If an image in the list is grayed and there is a check-mark in the box "Block Images from..." then remove that mark to unblock the images from that domain.
I was able to get this issue fixed by using a chat support person. The solution ended up being that getpersonas.com had been blocked in the "load images automatically" list, somehow (I never blocked it intentionally - but the support person said if there had been an instability issue, it may have blocked it automatically). So for anyone else having similar issues, check your load images automatically block list. (This is the one place I didn't think to check - ugh!)
The chat support person was VERY helpful!
Thank you cor-el....I think your next solution would have worked (it did end up being a blocked domain in the image permissions - as I said above), but our last two posts must have crossed.
I appreciate your time as well as that of the chat support person!
Thank you again!