This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Tabs won't close.
For the past few days I have been unable to close tabs. Clicking the "X" in the right corner of the tab does nothing. I can open new tabs though. It's really annoying. And yes I've restarted it and all that crap.
All Replies (5)
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
I had this. Found the problem for me was the AddOn "ImageTweak" version 0.22 - I'm running Firefox 3.6.18
I'm having the same issue with a clean installation of this browser downloaded on 05-09-2011
I tried all of this and it didn't work. Someone else posted a solution that worked for me. check your Home page dialog box- I had multiple URLs listed in there, so each time I started Firefox, it would load all of them. It also explained why each time I clicked the Home button, it would reload all of the tabs again. I just cleared the field in the dialog box, put in one address and voila!
Had this problem - Evernote add in was the problem - disabled - sorted.