This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When I quit Firefox, after about 60 seconds it re-opens again.
Almost every time I quit Firefox, it seems to close down, then it pops open again after about 60 seconds. If I quit the second time, it closes as normal. I checked to make sure it doesn't happen because the next program I am using is opening it to display some connected content. I also checked to make sure I don't have two instances of it open or something like that.
All Replies (1)
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs.
You need to use all programs because each detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website