Firefox is no longer compatible with certain sites (eg my digital banking) when I have previously had no problems.
Some websites which I have accessed without problems will no longer work with Firefox. My digital banking site says that I should have Firefox 2.0 (at least) & I have 3.6.8 installed. My Yahoo mail will not open in the new version - again it suggests Firefox 2.0 or above.
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100722 Firefox 979802487603 [xSP_2:43ab9b105a02787291eb1b2f2d41a329_294] ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Your UserAgent string in Firefox is messed up by another program that you installed, and your bank doesn't know which version of Firefox you are running. It sees it as Firefox 979802487603 . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Agent
type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter If you see the warning, you can confirm that you want to access that page. Filter = general.useragent. Right-click the preferences that are bold, one line at a time, and select Reset, Then restart Firefox