How do you import Maxthon bookmark folders into Firefox (without doing each .url individually)?
Hi, I am trying to import all my bookmarks from Maxthon into Firefox,. Problem is all my bookmarks are in folders, but Firefox Import will only let me do one bookmark at a time. Is there any way to import all folders at one time or at least folder by folder? Thank you very much if you can help.
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100713 Firefox/3.6.7 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
In Maxthon check for an option to export its favorites to an HTML file. I believe the option is in the Favorites menu.
You can import that file into Firefox, see Import Bookmarks from an HTML file.
Thank you for your response.
Importing each individual HTML file is not the problem. I cannot import the folders containing each file. I would be happy even doing one folder at a time. Any ideas?
I do not have Maxthon, doesn't it offer the option to export all of the bookmarks to an HTML file? Most browsers offer that functionality.
Maxthon just gives option of doing all or folder by folder. I can do folder by folder which is ok? Just tried one folder 4 times and have no idea where bookmarks went?
Maybe export into ie format then import?
I looked everywhere, no luck
The Maxthon support site mentions using "Favorites > More Actions > Export Favorites" to export the favorites. If that does not export all of the favorites then I can not help. You could ask on the Maxthon support site about how to export all of the favorites to an HTML file.
Never used Maxthon myself, either.
Are you sure there isn't an option for that in this path, like in IE? File > Import/Export - Export to HTML file