when installing adds-on get following msg "Firefox could not install the file at http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/addons/3006/downloadhelper-4.7.4-fx+sm.xpi because: Unexpected installation error Review the Error Console log for more details
Get following error when installing adds-on
"Firefox could not install the file at
because: Unexpected installation error Review the Error Console log for more details. -203"
Every time Firefox opened
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100625 Ant.com Toolbar 2.0.1 Firefox/3.6.6 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Firefox could not install the file at
because: Unexpected installation error
Review the Error Console log for more details.
See: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Unexpected+installation+error+-203+when+installing+add-ons http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_install_themes_or_extensions_-_Firefox#Unexpected_installation_error_-203
Other Issues: ~~red:You have installed plug-ins with known security issues. You should update them immediately.~~
Install/Update Adobe Flash Player for Firefox (aka Shockwave Flash): your ver. 10.0 r~~red:45~~; current ver. 10.1 r53 (important security update 2010-06-10; see: http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb10-14.html) ~~red:Check your version here~~: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/ See: Updating Flash -use Firefox to download and SAVE to your hard drive (save to Desktop for easy access) -exit Firefox (File > Exit) -In Windows, check to see that Firefox is completely closed (Ctrl+Alt+Del, choose Task Manager, click Processes tab, if "firefox.exe" is on the list, right-click "firefox.exe" and choose End process, close the Task Manager window) -In Windows, double-click on the Adobe Flash installer you just downloaded to install/update Adobe Flash -when the Flash installation is complete, start Firefox, and test the Flash installation here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=1
- NOTE: On Vista and Windows 7 you may need to run the plugin installer as Administrator by starting the installer via the right-click context menu if you do not get an UAC prompt to ask for permission to continue (i.e nothing seems to happen). See this: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/run_as_administrator.htm
- NOTE for IE: Firefox and most other browsers use a Plugin. IE uses an ActiveX version of Flash. To install/update the IE ActiveX Adobe Flash Player, same instructions as above, except use IE to download the ActiveX Flash installer. See: ActiveX
- Also see: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash ~~red:AND~~ How do I edit options to add Adobe to the list of allowed sites