How do I fix my main browser so that when I type in certain keywords, they take me directly to a website?
On my Mac, I use Firefox as my main Internet browser. When I open Firefox and type in certain keywords in the browser bar, they used to take me directly to the website. For example if I just typed in "apples wiki" it would take me right to the Apples Wikipedia page. Or if I typed in the words "best buy" it would take me right to Best Buy's main website instead of having to type out the entire URL. Now when I do that, it just takes me right to Google's homepage.
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.523
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9
Go to Help->Troubleshooting information, copy contents of the page and paste them into your reply.