All options under File, Edit, Viw, etc. are grayed out. I'm on a Mac. AnyIdea what is causing this or what I can do about it?
I can not access anything under File Edit, View, etc. Everything is grayed out. The items under Help are black, but nothing happens when I click on Firefox Help.
Not sure how often
== out of the blue.
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Unity Web Player for Mac OS
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Contribute Plug-inInbrowser Editor Plug-in
- Glance Plug-In 2.5.4
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 GTB7.0
Try to move (delete) the Firefox plist file. See How .plist files become corrupt and troubleshooting the results Go to "Library > Preferences" and remove the plist file for Firefox (org.mozilla.firefox.plist).
You can also try to repair the disk permissions: http://thexlab.com/faqs/repairprocess.html See also Troubleshooting permissions issues in Mac OS X --- If that didn't help then try a reinstall. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_Firefox#Mac_OS_X ..... Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean reinstall. Install the new version that you have downloaded. Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.