Sending emails through HubSpot, links going to Instagram open up Blank Page in Firefox
We are sending emails through HubSpot. When opening up links from the email that go to Instagram, they are opening up to blank pages. Per HubSpot support this is a known issue and said Firefox support could give us an answer on how to fix this.
All Replies (1)
What normally happens with those links? For example:
- Browser sends the request to Hubspot - Hubspot returns a 302 Temporary Redirect to the true destination address - Browser follows the redirect
Here are a few possible issues:
(1) Request to Hubspot is blocked by anti-tracking feature, add-on, or filter (2) Redirect is not followed because the user set Firefox not to automatically follow redirects (see below the line) (3) Redirect is not followed because the user has a Container add-on that restricts how Instagram pages are loaded (for example, maybe Facebook Container has this issue?)
When redirects stall on a blank page, the first thing I always suggest is to make sure the redirect block didn't get turned on. Here's how to check that:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. The moderators would like us to remind you that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future. Since we are restoring the default value, I feel comfortable mentioning it.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste accessibility.blockautorefresh and pause while the list is filtered
(3) If the preference has a value of true, double-click it to restore the default value of false
Could you test in Firefox's Troubleshoot Mode? In that mode, Firefox temporarily deactivates extensions, hardware acceleration, any userChrome.css/userContent.css files, and some other advanced features to help you assess whether these are causing the problem.
If Firefox is running:
You can restart Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Help > Troubleshoot Mode... (before Fx88: Restart with Add-ons Disabled)
- (menu bar) Help menu > Troubleshoot Mode... (before Fx88: Restart with Add-ons Disabled)
and OK the restart. A small dialog should appear. Click the Open button (before Fx88: "Start in Safe Mode" button).
If Firefox is not running:
Hold down the option/alt key when starting Firefox. (On Windows, hold down the Shift key instead of the option/alt key.) A small dialog should appear. Click the Open button (before Fx88: "Start in Safe Mode" button).
Note: Don't use the Refresh without first reviewing this article to understand what will be deleted: Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings.
Any difference in how the links work?