Google cross-site login stays signed-in
I have FF setup to forget all data after being closed except for a couple of websites. No Google properites are included in the list.
After logging FF has also been logged in to all Google properties; google.com, gmail, etc. If I close the browser and reload it all cookies should be dumped but, if I visit google.com somehow I'm logged back in.
"Settings > Privacy & Security > Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed" should mean I'm reset to a somewher zero state, yes?
TIA for any help
All Replies (1)
I assume you don't have any "Allow" exceptions for Google sites (you can use the Manage Exceptions button to confirm):
How are you closing Firefox?
Generally speaking, a regular shutdown (menu > Quit or File > Quit) is most likely to run the cleanup code during shutdown.
Is Firefox restoring your previous session?
Even if the cleanup code runs normally, Firefox retains the cookies for your open tabs in the session history file so you can more seamlessly restore your last session. If you don't want Firefox to save cookies in that file, you need to make the following change:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. The moderators would like us to remind you that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future. Since we have had this setting for a long time, I feel comfortable mentioning it.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.sessionstore.privacy_level and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the preference to display an editing field, and change the value as desired, then press Enter/Return or click the blue check mark button to save the change:
- 0 => Save form/cookie data for all pages in session history [default]
- 1 => Save form/cookie data for HTTP pages in session history but NOT HTTPS pages
- 2 => Do not save form/cookie data in session history for any page