Session restore critical issue
Firefox after PC restart was restored 1-2 month ago session, not the current. In history all visited sites saved, but I have old opened tabs instead opened before PC restart.
- I restart PC after heavy lags and total freeze.
And I have restart of PC before it and after this old sessions.
How I can restore the true current session? I don't want do searching all opened last week links in infinity links list.
All Replies (2)
I find recovery files, but this not have session before I restart pc, only files for march, april and after restart with no current session.
Okay, I go restore from history. I list 500-1000 links, click on link and history list was autoscrolled to top, thank you, firefox developers for this "good" function.
Modified by Демер Нкардаз
Firefox only display the mot recent visit of a link and if you click an history link then you create a new visit at the top of the list. You can prevent this by doing this in a New Private Window as there no new history is saved.
You may have been switched to an older profile.
Backup the session files in the sessionstore-backups folder in the Firefox profile folder to make sure not to lose possible important session data. Do NOT close Firefox when Firefox is already running.
You will normally find these files in the sessionstore-backups folder:
- previous.jsonlz4 (cleanBackup: copy of sessionstore.jsonlz4 from previous session that was loaded successfully)
- recovery.jsonlz4 (latest version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- recovery.baklz4 (previous version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- upgrade.jsonlz4-<build_id> (backup created during an upgrade of Firefox)
You can copy a file from the sessionstore-backups folder to the main profile and rename the file to sessionstore.jsonlz4 to replace the current file with Firefox closed.
- make sure to backup the current sessionstore.jsonlz4
You can look at this tool to inspect a compressed jsonlz4 sessionstore file.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder