UI freeze when opening bookmarks or history from library menu in Firefox 89/90
Been test driving Proton and quite liking it, but on both FF 89 and 90 im running into issue where opening bookmarks or history via library menu freezes browser ui. Restoring and maximizing window restores the functionality again until next time i try to access said menus. After restoring and maximizing it seems like all the actions i've tried happen at once. See video https://imgur.com/a/8f2tl0l. I have roughly 100 bookmarks, so that shouldn't be an issue.
This happens also on completely fresh install without any backups and new profile. As soon as I import my bookmarks or even bookmark couple new, random sites without restoring old bookmarks, this problem begins manifesting itself.
I've tried troubleshooting mode and that helps, but im still sure what causes the issue as just disabling hardware acceleration does not help and I have no other themes or extensions active atm. Just in case I've also tried updating graphics drivers to no avail.
Stable FF does not display such issue.
All Replies (3)
To find the correct solution to your problem, we need some more non-personal information from you. Please do the following:
- Use ONE of these methods to open the Firefox Troubleshooting Information page:
- Click the menu button , click on Help and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Type about:support into the Firefox address bar and press the enter key.
- At the top of the Troubleshooting Information page that comes up, you should see a button that says "Copy text to clipboard". Click it.
- Now, go back to your forum post, right-click in the reply box and select Paste from the context menu (or else click inside the reply box and press the Ctrl+V keys) to paste the information you copied into the forum post.
- Due to a forum reply character limit, only part of the data may be pasted. You can use your mouse to select the missing text from the about:support page, right-click on the page to copy it and then right-click in the forum reply box to paste it into a new reply.
Note: The Troubleshooting Information page does not contain personal data, except for the full path to your profile folder. When you use one of the "Copy to clipboard" buttons, the profile path is not copied. Use other tools and methods at your own risk.
If you need further information about the Troubleshooting information page, please read the article Use the Troubleshooting Information page to help fix Firefox issues.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Modified by ryanbremerfromyt
I've already added that under Troubleshooting Information/system details. See More system details under Question Details on right hand pane.
A quick bump and some additional findings. Not sure whether its a cause or just correlation, but I found that either dropping refresh rate to 60hz or setting layout.frame_rate to 60 or lower resolves this issue and ui no longer freezes. I have 144hz monitor, so this is not really a solution or workaround that im willing to stick with.