ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Why Firefox can't download files and extensions after reinstall unless I give it Administrator privelegies on Windows 10?

  • 3 ردود
  • 1 has this problem
  • 1179 views
  • آخر ردّ كتبه nickb.ufeim

more options

I restored my AppData folder. After that Firefox stopped downloading any files. I tried to reinstall it, but I got an error about unabling to create temporary archive from 7z. Then I tried to run installation as Administrator and Firefox was installed. Apparently sync wasn't working. I tried to install some extensions manually and got error message "Download failed. Please check your connection.", also, I couldn't download any file from any site (fail). When I start Mozilla as administrator, all downloads work fine, but application is working for another user.

Any idea how to fix it?

الحل المُختار

Found the cause: looks like I broke my Temp folder (inside AppData), so my environment variables "TMP" and "TEMP" was pointing to non-existed (or maybe forbidden) path. I've changed them to correct path and issue was solved.

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (3)

more options

Try using the Refresh feature on the Profile where you "restored" your AppData folder.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

more options

the-edmeister said

Try using the Refresh feature on the Profile where you "restored" your AppData folder. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

Thanks! I restored my old profile with extensions, but download issue (and new extensions issue) still remains. I tried to switch off Windows firewall, but situation didn't change. Also downloads work well on built-in Edge browser and don't work on mozilla-based Tor browser.

Modified by nickb.ufeim

more options

الحل المُختار

Found the cause: looks like I broke my Temp folder (inside AppData), so my environment variables "TMP" and "TEMP" was pointing to non-existed (or maybe forbidden) path. I've changed them to correct path and issue was solved.

Modified by nickb.ufeim