Need to reset my laptop. How do I save Bookmarks
Need to reset my laptop. How do I save Bookmarks?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
Firefox has two different formats available for saving your bookmarks. After creating the files, you can store them on removable media (e.g., USB Flash drive), or Microsoft OneDrive, or as an email attachment, etc.
- JSON format - "Backup" and "Restore" feature - see: Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer -- this gives the most seamless restore
- HTML format - "Export" and "Import" feature - see: Export Firefox bookmarks to an HTML file to back up or transfer bookmarks, Import Bookmarks from an HTML file -- this is cross-browser compatible, in case you want to add the same bookmarks to another browser
I suggest creating both "just in case."
You also could create a backup copy of your entire profile folder, which has other data and settings. See: Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
And finally, you could set up the Sync service with a Firefox Account. However, I can't predict how long it will take for the data to get saved on the server, so this could end up being incomplete if you don't allow enough time. See: How do I set up Sync on my computer?
Does that cover it?
Copy your user profile as is to a folder on a thumb drive.
Did not understand thre terminology
Where did we lose you? What did you get so far? Did you check the support articles:
- Export Firefox bookmarks to an HTML file to back up or transfer bookmarks
- Import Bookmarks from an HTML file
You can export the bookmarks in the Bookmarks Manager (Library; Show All Bookmarks) to an HTML file to have a backup.
- Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup
See also these already posted support articles: