Firefox Quantum 64.0 keeps crashing when opening Gmail or clicking any links in Gmail
Firefox keeps crashing when I am trying to use Gmail. Perhaps there was an update last night, so this morning Firefox was in a 'crashed' state. When I clicked on the 'Restore Session' tab, it brought up all the tabs for a little bit, and when I tried to follow a link from one of the mails in Gmail, it crashed again. Some websites are working, and some just take it down. I did make it a point to submit crash reports so that you would have the required information from that source.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.