Upgraded to ubuntu 18.04 & MOdzilla products will not connect to internet. Network connection is there. Pinged 22.214.171.124 just fine.
I just upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04 and neither Firefox or Thunderbird will connect to the internet. I can ping 126.96.36.199 just fine. I turned off the firewall and they still will not connect. They connected just fine before the upgrade. I changed the proxy to no proxy and system proxy. Still no luck. What am I missing?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
In the address bar, type about:config and press enter and accept the warning, search for network.dns.disableIPv6 and double-click to set its value
It was already disabled but I enabled it and same issue so I disabled it again. Still same issue.
go to options > general > network > settings
and choose Auto-detect proxy settings for this network
Tried that also. Didn't make a difference. Still receive the server not found error.
Some additional information... When I ping www.google.com, www.firefox.com and others I receive a cannot find host or server message.
That to me would indicate ISP problems.
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog
Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log
Reboot the machine.
Thanks, but not a Windows box.
The wireless connection is being made. I just verified with the my isp.
It seems to be something in netplan. I created a 01-netcfg.yaml in /etc/netplan and added
addresses: [184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11]
Rebooted the box and still am having difficulties with urls.
see the answer here: