firefox automatically redirects me to msn canada website
Just bought a new acer aspire. When I use firefox as my search engine I am automatically redirected to MSN Canada website.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:61.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/61.0
I think the Acer Aspire runs Windows 10; a moderator can move your post from Android to Desktop/Windows.
Where do you see MSN Canada in Firefox? For example:
(1) At startup, it's the home page, or in new windows (Ctrl+n), it's the page there
Please see this article: How to set the home page
(2) When searching from the address bar or one of Firefox's built-in pages, instead of getting Google results, end up on MSN
That's weird! Could you check: Change your default search settings in Firefox
Even with a new installation of Firefox, it's possible some add-ons were already present on the system and Firefox activated them.
You can view, disable, and often remove unwanted or unknown extensions on the Add-ons page. Either:
- Ctrl+Shift+a (Mac: Command+Shift+a)
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- type or paste about:addons in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the left column of the Add-ons page, click Extensions.
Then cast a critical eye over the list on the right side. Any extensions Firefox installs for built-in features are hidden from this page, so everything listed here is your choice (and your responsibility) to manage. Anything suspicious or that you just do not remember installing or why? If in doubt, disable (or remove).