Running OSX10.6.8, USPS says they don't support old firefox will I have to switch to Safari?
Got a message today that as of May 1, 2018 USPS.COM will only support current firefox software. I am running an old MAC computer with OSX 10.6.8. I tried to upgrade on you site and it said my MAC is not compatible. Does that mean that after 15 years of firefox I must not switch to Safari? Bummer. Guess us old people are out of luck. It has been a great run. Thanks for the service.
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.03
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 29.0 r0
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-osx - Firefox support has ended for Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8
Firefox 45.9.0esr will be the most up to date version with security fixes that will run on OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 as Firefox 49.0 and later requires OSX 10.9 or later.
The Firefox 48.0.2 was released August 24, 2016 and is missing several security updates that the Firefox 45.9.0esr released on April 19, 2017 has.
You could perhaps use a useragent switcher extension to make Firefox send a useragent of a more current version of Firefox when using the USPS site.
Chrome, Chromium and Opera dropped support of OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 back in April 2016.
Modified by James