This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Lost user profile data during quantum update.
A malfunctioning update to firefox quantum v57.0 destroyed all my user profile data !
1. I have two laptops ( #1 and #2, both run windows 10).
2. On #1 all user profile data (bookmarks, passwords, etc.) were lost during automatic update to quantum version.
3. Machine #2 is in hibernate or sleep state (not updated to quantum butfirefox was active when put to sleep/hibernation).
4. Both machines where connected to the same firefox sync account.
5. Machine #1 (that lost all my data) is no longer connected to that account.
6. At the moment I know neither password or name to that account.
I suppose all my data is still intact in the user profile on #2, but I'm afraid that when waking this machine, firefox will reactivate, automatically upgrade and destroy the date there also.
How can I:
A. prevent automatic upgrade to quantum when waking up laptop #2 (to prevent data loss) ?
B. retrieve my private firefox data from #2 ?
C. transfer this data to firefox quantum on #1 ?
Please don't answer with any (well-meant) guesses, the data is too important for me to completely lose it by experimenting with half baked solutions.
Modified by louis.m