This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
why do webroot safety ratings not show when I search firefox ?
Webroot gives safety ratings with search results. These ratings formerly showed on Firefox, not sure when they ceased. They still show on Google chrome and Internet Explorer. Is Firefox blocking them? How can I correct this ?
All Replies (1)
I think there are three ways those notations could appear in the results page:
(1) Using an add-on that adds them (quickly) after the page loads
(2) Using a special URL that gives custom results (try to copy the address of a working results page in IE or Chrome to Firefox's address bar and load the page there)
(3) Intercepting the page before it reaches Firefox and modifying it in transit
I think #1 is the most likely. You can view, enable/disable, and often remove extensions on the Add-ons page. Either:
- Ctrl+Shift+a (Mac: Command+Shift+a)
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- type or paste about:addons in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the left column of the Add-ons page, click Extensions. Then check list on the right side for Webroot. Can you find it? Note that disabled extensions cluster at the bottom.
If it's #2, you may need to add a new search engine or change your default search setting. However, I don't have to way to test that out.