Cannot change sync password "Unable to deliver email" on recovery page.
I have setup a local sync server but I am using the Firefox account servers. I successfully created an account and synced! Now I'm still testing this setup so I decided to change my password. But that's where it went all wrong. I can't sign into sync anymore with my old or new password...
I tried the password reset feature. It sends me a nice email, I click the link, enter a new password two times and press "Submit new password", The page throws an error "Unable to deliver email" between "Enter a new password" and "Once you submit...". Why? You just sent me a password change email, why now complain when I actually reset my password?
I first tried this 1.5 week ago, and again today, but it still fails.
Please help. Does this have anything to do with the local server?
Modified by ervee
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 17.12.20093
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_161 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Hi Cor-el. Thank you, but my problem isn't listed there. Perhaps follow the bugzilla instructions?
Ervee, yes, please post the bug number or you can PM me it in order for a follow up from support.