told I need an update - but can't change my computer...?
when I do a search Firefox has taken to crashing - tells me I need an update, but my computer can't take an update - what to do?
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.14
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 7.0.9
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
If you can't update beyond OS X 10.5 then you won't be able to switch to a more recent Firefox version. With a PowerPC Mac you could use TenFourFox, but there is no solution for an Intel Mac.
Current Firefox releases require a Mac with an Intel processor and OS X 10.9 or later.
Firefox support has ended for Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8:
Last Firefox for Mac OS X 10.5:
A lot of websites will no longer work with the Firefox 16 version since you do not have support for currently used TLS cipher suites.