Neither restore or import from HTML I had saved will show nor can I make new bookmarks.
I had to reinstall firefox 33.1. Pls don't ask to update it, it's not the point. Upon starting the reinstalled Firefox all bookmarks disappeared. I go to unsorted bookmarks and go to restore. it shows a list with recent backups but after clicking it says it cannot restore them. I then go to import from HTML I had saved and after clicking it nothing happens. In addition I cannot make any new bookmark. Can you pls help? thank you.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.131.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.16
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
That is a problem with places.sqlite that is not compatible with Firefox 33. You would have to export the bookmarks in a more recent Firefox version to an HTML backup and import this backup in the Bookmarks Manager (Library) in Firefox 33 if you really want to use this old version. You should create a new profile because more files might be corrupted (it is not always safe to downgrade a profile that many versions).
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database (bookmarks and history) in the Firefox profile folder.
You can install a portable (ESR) Firefox version to access websites that do not work with the current Firefox release. The portable version comes with its own profile folder and doesn't interfere with currently installed Firefox versions.
Modified by cor-el