Firefox 44.0 won't update to newest verson on Ubuntu
I have Ubuntu 14.04 and Firefox 44.0. I've tried to open Help->About Firefox and it didn't update. I tried refreshing Firefox. I've downloaded the newest version manually, but I don't know what to do from there. It doesn't automatically install. This seems like a very basic thing. What am I missing? Thank you so much for your help!
Additional System Details
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- The Videos 3.10.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
Hi, I'm not familiar with Linux, but please see if anything here helps - Install Firefox on Linux
If your question is resolved by this or another answer, please take a minute to let us know. Thank you!