how do I allow Firefox to save a password on site previously marked as never
I accidentally hit "Never" when prompted to save a password for a site. I would like to remove the exception. This https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1089959 article suggests clicking the favicon, but the site doesn't have one. Is there any other option?
I see the login page for robly sends you to a different subdomain - app.robly.com - Have you tried doing it when you're on the login page in particular?Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android 6.0.1; Tablet; rv:53.0) Gecko/53.0 Firefox/53.0
You can do this with the help of an addon called "Mobile Password Manager". If you are unfamiliar with how to install addons on Firefox for Android, then check out this support article.
After Mobile Password Manager is installed and enabled, you should be able to add your login details by doing the following:
- Navigate to the login form on the website
- Hold your finger on the password field for several seconds
- A white box with the text "Save Login Information" should appear - You want to tap on it
- You'll be presented with a form where you can put in a username and password to be saved for the site
I should note that I have encountered the odd site where Mobile Password Manager won't come up with the "Save Login Information" option, however it has worked on the majority of sites I access on my Android device.
I hope you find this helpful :-)
Modified by Rincewind
Thanks Rincewind! I was really hoping for a native solution, but it seems from my research and your reply that that likely isn't possible. I hope Firefox for Android gets an update. I'll leave this problem open for a little while longer, and then mark your answer as the solution if I don't get any feedback with a native solution.
- Visit the site/login page you want to allow saving the password for
- tap the globe or lock icon in the address bar
- tap edit site settings
- tap the logins check box
- tap clear
- log into the website and when prompted accept the request to save the login
Thanks kbrosnan. However, the site I'm interested in - robly.com - doesn't show the Edit Site Settings link in Firefox for Android. I do see that link on other sites, such as this one.
I see the login page for robly sends you to a different subdomain - app.robly.com - Have you tried doing it when you're on the login page in particular?
Kind of strange. The Edit Site Settings link wasn't there on https://www.robly.com, nor https://apps.robly.com/login. But once I logged in, it was present on https://apps.robly.com/dashboard. And now it appears on the login page as well. I feel tricked, but at least it's solved. Thanks Rincewind!