Firefox add process ofr each tab and never closing
When I click a web link from a email message (Thunderbird) or any other web link, , I get a wait circle from Win 7 for about 10 seconds but the page never loads in Firefox, but a firefox.exe process starts up. I can do this 10 times and the tab never loads the web page but I will get 10 Firefox process running. If I exit Firefox, all those 10 processes remain running and I need to stop them all before I can start up FIrefox again. I did startup Firefox in Safe mode and without my virus program running - no change. Extremely frustrating.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.91.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Mining Media Engine
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- thinkorswim loader
- thinkDesktop configuration loader
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Are you using Thunderbird to open those pages?
When I click a link in an email message. It does not matter where a click a link from. It does not open a tab with that page in it. In fact when I click a link on a webpage in Firefox it does not open that link but just starts a new process. I have had 20 open process in the win 7 Task Manager. I am using the most current version of Firefox on Win 7
When I click a link in an email message
So this may be a Thunderbird problem.
No - I added in my last post -"In fact when I click a link on a webpage in Firefox it does not open that link but just starts a new process." It also does not open the page in a tab when I click a log in link from Roboform - my Password manager. It has always opened a link form all these places before a few weeks ago when it stopped.
No one can answer. Today when I looked I had 20 firefox.exe..32 processes running
I called for more help.
This is a Windows command; TASKKILL /IM Firefox.exe /t
Use it via; Windows Icon > Run
How to crash Firefox; Instructions here; https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/How_to_report_a_hung_Firefox